Service Technician - Construction TIW Group - Chesapeake, VA 23323
Service Technician - Hiring Now
Job Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Performs first, final and general drywall point-ups and repair work, including hanging, finishing and texturing of walls and ceilings; installing metal and paper-faced bead; sanding; applying smooth and textured finishes (including popcorn and stomp ceilings; applying plaster, knock down, and orange peel textured walls and ceilings; fixing joints, seams and cracked bead.
- Identifies potential substrate issues (such as incorrect or poor framing) that may cause future problems.
- Mixes all combinations of working materials, i.e. Durabond, plaster, bag mud.
- Completes first and final wall and ceiling drywall point-up of plaster and smooth or textured finishes.
- Ensures that repairs blend with finish on wall, i.e. no humps, bumps, seams or mesh tape are showing.
- Thoroughly reviews work orders and collects all supplies needed to complete daily job list.
- Properly completes and submits all work orders at the end of every shift.
- Utilizes the tools of the trade safely and efficiently.
- Regularly lifts up to 75lbs and performs work from high ladders and scaffolding.
- Understands and follows OSHA safety guidelines.
- Completes all other duties assigned.
Mandatory: Must possess a clean and current driver’s license and be cleared to operate a company vehicle.
Preferred/Required Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required
Minimum 2 years’ construction/service technician experience required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position, Monday through Friday, 7am-4pm. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance in both indoor and outdoor environments, to include office, warehouse and construction job sites. Ability to stand for 6 to 8 hours at a time. Use hands, reach with hands and arms. Talk and hear. Have clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses.
Construction work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contact a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All Employees are required to wear mask and protective gear daily.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Chesapeake, VA 23323 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Drywall Point-Ups: 2 years (Required)
- Fixing Joints, Seams & Cracked Bead: 2 years (Required)
- Drywall Hanging: 2 years (Preferred)
- General Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Must Have Driver's License (Required)
- Confidential (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place